MLSA 2022 In-Person Meetings
Saturday, September 24, 2022 at 9:30am – Southwest (Region 3) meeting
Wednesday, October 5, 2022 – 5pm to 8pm – Decontamination Station (Boat Wash) Workshop
- Porter Township Hall on M40 in Van Buren County, also available by zoom and recording.
- Tentative Agenda:
- 5pm – DNR presentation on boat wash stations – the types of stations and potential site factors to keep in mind, how maintenance can be arranged, etc.
- 6pm – EGLE presentation on considerations for boat cleaning projects: costs, funding, logistics, potential permits, etc.
- 7pm – Dinner and discussion
- Please check out this newsletter article from July that discusses prep work and questions that need to be answered prior to this workshop.
- There will be sandwiches, snacks, and drinks provided; please email Melissa DeSimone (firstname.lastname@example.org) to RSVP so we have enough food or for zoom link.
MLSA 2022 Virtual Meeting Schedule
Saturday, October 1, 2022 at 9:30am – Northwest Region Virtual meeting
Saturday, November 5, 2022 at 9:30am – MLSA/Riparian Feedback meeting
- Virtual event: We want to know how we’re doing and how we can help you. Join us for this open feedback session to let us know about topics, resources, articles, and other ideas you have for MLSA to support your work.
Coming Up in 2023…
62nd Annual Conference at Crystal Mountain Resort, Thompsonville, MI
Save the Date: Friday and Saturday, May 5 & 6, 2023
Check out our Event Resources Page for our previous events and materials.
Wake boats: concerns and recommendations related to natural resource management in Michigan waters. Message from Joe Nohner, Ph.D. Inland Lakes Habitat Analyst & Midwest Glacial Lakes Partnership Coordinator, Michigan Department of Natural Resources Today DNR...
We are committed to putting together an informative and interesting newsletter at least once a month. We hope you find the information useful - subscribe, share, and let us know what you think! Link to September 2022 Newsletter Contact MLSA: email@example.com
Update from Healthy Waters Initiative at the St. Anthony Falls Lab of University of Minnesota It’s been a busy few months for the Healthy Waters Initiative team and we’re happy to report many positive steps forward: First, last Wednesday we presented our Phase 3...
You probably remember the flood that impacted the mid-Michigan area in May of 2020 after two dams in a four-dam system failed during an extreme rain event. Since that time, Four Lakes Task Force (FLTF) acquired the funding to restore and recover all four dams and...
There are lots of colors and options available so you can show your lake and stream pride. Click below to see all the options and thank you for supporting MLSA!