The Michigan Natural Shoreline Partnership is pleased to announce that registration is now open for its 2015 Certified Natural Shoreline Professional training course in East Lansing, Michigan on the campus of Michigan State University. This certification program, designed for marine and landscape contractors working on inland lake shorelines, will equip you to expand your business to better serve lakefront property owners looking for alternatives to turf grass and sea wall to the water’s edge. Through classroom and field sessions you will learn:
- The relationship between lakes and their shorelines
- Shoreline soils, plants and ecosystems (including native plant communities)
- Michigan water law and how to complete a successful permit application
- How to assess a shoreline property for problems and potential
- Methods, techniques and designs for natural shoreline landscaping and bioengineered (plant-based) erosion control
Certification is through the Michigan Natural Shoreline Partnership. To receive certification, you must: 1) complete two full days of classroom instruction, 2) complete one full day of hands-on field instruction, and 3) pass the certification exam.
Please note that the East Lansing course is the only CNSP course being offered in 2015. Please see session dates and details on the registration form included in this issue of The Michigan Landscape. Register soon as seating is limited. If you have questions about the program please email Dr. Robert Schutzki at firstname.lastname@example.org, phone 517-420-4041.