MLSA60 Virtual Conference — Friday, April 30, 2021
Already registered? Click the link above to access the conference page.
We have hats, t-shirts, and vests available for purchase at the link above. Show your lake and stream pride!
8:30am EST – Coffee time, Meet and Greet, MLSA at 60 years, Overview of the day and what to expect
- Session: Teresa Seidel, Michigan Department of EGLE on Aquatic Invasive Species
- Session: Jason Broekstra, Morrison Lake, Phosphorous Mitigation with “Phoslock”
- Session: Jenifier Boyer, Edenville Dam Failure – No loss of life, many lessons learned
- Session: Conan Smith, Michigan Environmental Council
11:30am EST – Awards, Scholarship Presentation, Raffle
12:00pm EST – Keynote Speakers
— Rep. Gary Howell, Chair of House Natural Resources and Outdoor Recreation Committee
— Senator Rick Outman, Chair of Senate Environmental Quality Committee and Appropriations Subcommittee on Natural Resources
- Session: Ralph Bednarz, Volunteer Monitoring on Michigan Inland Lakes and Streams – The Self-Help/CLMP/MiCorps Legacy
- Session: Evan Pratt, Theo Eggermont, Lauren Koloski, Gabrielle Metzner-Gustafson; SAD talk, special assessment districts in Washtenaw County
- Session: Mark Teicher, Insurance for Associations
- Session: Matt Meersman, Working within the Watershed
4:00pm EST – Cliff Bloom, Riparian Rights Update – happy hour to follow
Are you interested in lake monitoring? Enroll in the MiCorps CLMP program at micorps.net
Training for CLMP is held on Thursday, April 29th and is a great companion to our MLSA conference.
Sorry you had to miss the fun! All our sessions will be recorded and made available after the event, please check back here for recordings.