MLSA’s 61st Annual Conference — Friday, May 6 & Saturday, May 7, 2022
Registration is $100 and includes:
- Two days of in person sessions with our expert speakers
- Friday: Lunch and Dinner
- Saturday: Breakfast and Lunch
- Door prizes, raffle, exhibitors, fellowship
*Please see COVID procedures below before registering
Held IN PERSON at Crystal Mountain Resort in Thompsonville, MI – click here for hotel information, please make your room reservations before April 5, 2022
The goal of this events is to provide an opportunity for riparians and those who care about the waters of Michigan to network and learn together. We have worked hard to design an engaging event that is affordable and as safe as an in person event can be. Please consider an additional donation to MLSA to help support this event as we work to bring people back together after our global pandemic. Please also see our COVID considerations below. We care about the waters of Michigan and we care about you.
COVID 19 Health and Safety Procedures:
- Proof of vaccination is required to attend the conference, please send a copy of your vaccination card to: email@example.com when you register.
- Masks will be required in all rooms and at all times (except while eating). We will provide masks for all participants.
- If you are feeling sick, we ask that you choose to stay home and we will provide a full refund of your registration upon request.
- Crystal Mountain has COVID cleaning procedures in place, you can review those measures here.
- In addition to the resort’s efforts we will also design room set ups to minimize contact, have hand sanitizer readily available, put measures in place to reduce risk during meals, and other possible procedures we may need to implement to ensure the health and safety of all participants.
- These considerations are subject to change as we get closer to the time of the event.
- By registering you agree to adhere to these procedures and not hold MLSA responsible for any illness experienced due to participation in the conference, thank you for your cooperation and understanding.
Agenda (subject to change!)
Friday, May 6, 2022
- Keynote 1 – David Kepler – President, Four Lakes Task Force (Wixom, Sanford, Smallwood and Secord lakes in Midland and Gladwin counties)
- Break out 1
- Water Levels
- Watershed Warriors
- Break out 2
- Nonpoint Source Pollution
- Swimmer’s Itch
- Less Copper for Harmful Algal Bloom treatment
- Dinner and Awards Presentation – Riparian of the Year and Cook Scholarship
- Riparian Rights Q&A – Attorney Cliff Bloom
Saturday, May 7, 2022
- Breakfast with Attorney Cliff Bloom, Riparian Rights Update
- Break out 1
- Diver Assisted Suction Harvesting
- Annis Water Resources Institute
- Green Stormwater Infrastructure
- Keynote 2 – Senator Stephanie Chang – Michigan District 1, Senate Minority Floor Leader
- Break out 2
- Michigan United Conservation Clubs
- The Fishery and Aquatic Invasive Species Control
- Shoreline Monitoring
MiCorps CLMP Training
Traditionally, Cooperative Lakes Monitoring Program training occurs on Friday of our conference. Due to COVID concerns, this training will NOT be held live. Training is available on Tuesday, May 10th VIRTUALLY. You have find out more about this and enrolling your lake in the program at micorps.net