Michigan Natural Shoreline Partnership
Shoreline Educator Network (SEN) Training
Cranbrook Institute of Science- Library
39221 Woodward Avenue
Bloomfield Hills MI 48304
Registration 8:30 – 9:00 AM
Workshop 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM
The Michigan Natural Shoreline Partnership (MNSP), in partnership with Michigan State University Extension and Freshwater Forum of the Cranbrook Institute of Science, is offering a professional training for individuals interested in becoming part of the MNSP Shoreline Educator Network (SEN). Participants will learn about the benefits of natural shoreline landscaping, bio-engineering and erosion control. Participants will a Shoreline Homeowner Tool Kit, which includes everything needed to host natural shoreline workshops for homeowners.
- Healthy lake ecosystems
- Problems with high impact landscape and erosion control
- Concepts for lake healthy landscapes and erosion control methods
- Use of native plants in shoreline landscapes
- State of Michigan rules and regulations
- MI Shoreland Stewards Program
- Shoreline Homeowner Workshop Toolkit
Early Registration: $65.00 ends March 24
Late Registration: $75.00 ends April 7
Registration includes refreshments, lunch, and educational materials.
Cancellations received on or after April 7 will incur a $40 cancellation fee.
Pre-registration is required.