Why Join MLSA?
We appreciate your interest in membership with Michigan Lakes and Streams Association, Inc. With any of the membership options below you will receive our quarterly publication, The Michigan Riparian magazine and our monthly email newsletter. Both are important sources to help keep you informed of Michigan water issues….. read more
This category is for those who want to join MLSA directly as an individual. You can choose a continuous membership that will bill you annually or a yearly membership for 1, 2, or 5 year terms. Your membership helps us continue our mission!
This category is for all lake and stream associations to join, membership fees are based on the number of members in your association.
Corporate / Non-Profit Memberships
This category has options for all commercial businesses and 501(c)3 (non-profit) businesses that want to join MLSA.
Subscribe to The Michigan Riparian magazine directly as an individual without an MLSA membership.
Why Join MLSA?
We appreciate your interest in membership with Michigan Lakes and Streams Association, Inc. With any of the membership options above you will receive our quarterly publication, The Michigan Riparian magazine and our monthly email newsletter, both are important sources to help keep you informed of Michigan water issues. We would be unable to offer the rich content of both sources without the funding we receive from memberships. Below I have listed some of the other exciting things we do:
- We bring riparians and lake associations together for networking and collaboration at regional events and our annual conference.
- Our state-wide network of collaborative partners includes the Michigan DNR and EGLE, the Michigan Inland Lake Partnership, the Michigan Natural Shoreline Partnership, our state’s great universities and colleges, and non‐profit organizations from across the state.
- We fund a Michigan State University Fisheries and Wildlife position to help educate people about Michigan’s water resources.
- We have been the program administrator for the Cooperative Lakes Monitoring Program (CLMP) in collaboration with our MiCorps partners.
- Working with our MSU partners, we offer Michigan’s only Lake and Stream Leadership Institute.
- We are dedicated to the support, encouragement and sustenance of our state’s thousands of riparian lake associations.
- We provide educational brochures and publications written by experts.
- We partner with the Michigan Chapter of NALMS to provide a scholarship and offer our own scholarships for students working on lake issues.
Michigan Lakes and Streams Association, Inc. is a qualified 501(c)3 non-profit organization. For all memberships, we encourage you to send an additional donation and consider becoming a volunteer if you are able. The membership fee portion of your total payment may not be tax deductible. Check with your tax adviser to determine allowable tax deductions.
Ready to become a member? Choose a membership option at the top of this page. You will create a username and password for access to exclusive membership content and to update your account in the future.