The Perch Lake Owners Association (Iron County) has received the Michigan Lake and Stream Associations’ 2016 “Michigan Inland Lake Riparian of the Year” award. The award was presented to Jim Novitski who accepted a commemorative plaque on behalf of the Perch Lake Owners Association on Friday, April 29, 2016 during the banquet held as part of the 2016 Michigan Inland Lakes Convention. The annual award is presented to an organization or individual whose lake or stream conservation and/or stewardship activities during the past year have best exemplified the achievement of the mission and goals of ML&SA. The Perch Lake Owners Association and Mr. Novitski devoted considerable time, energy, and ingenuity in designing and building a large scale containment system at the Perch Lake public boat access site in order to help prevent new introductions of aquatic invasive species. To learn more about the innovative ideas and methods implemented by the Perch Lake Owners Associations in designing their unique AIS containment system, read the spring 2016 edition of The Michigan Riparian magazine. The entire ML&SA family extends our appreciation to the Perch Lake Owners Association, and to Jim Novitski, for their dedication and hard work in pursuing the goal of preserving and protecting our inland waters!
- Write for The Michigan Riparian magazine
- A Warning about Mosquito Treatments
- More NotMISpecies Webinars coming this fall
- Summer conditions leading to algal blooms in canals and rivers around failed Mid-Michigan dams
- Community scientists throughout the state answered the call for rare turtle observation reports this spring
- 97 parcels of state land available via online auctions