The annual MiCorps Volunteer Stream Monitoring Training is to be held via Zoom on June 17, 2021. Click here to register.
While anyone with an interest to learn about macroinvertebrate monitoring is welcome to join, this training is specifically targeted to stream monitoring Program Leaders around the state. Those who have received stream monitoring MiCorps grants both this year and in years past are particularly encouraged to attend.
Attendees are welcome to come and go, and listen to those talks that are most relevant to them. Please note that the 9 am presentation is tailored to returning Program Leaders while the 10 am presentation is for new Program Leaders to MiCorps. The trainings will also be recorded and made available at a later date.
Agenda: Download PDF
- 9:00-9:55 Changes to Stream Monitoring in 2021: A discussion for returning MiCorps Stream Monitoring Programs
- 10:00- 10:30 Welcome to MiCorps Stream Monitoring! Introduction for new participants.
- 10:30 – 11:00 The Power of Volunteers: Tips on recruitment and volunteer management
- 11:00 – 11:15 Break
- 11:15 – 12:15 Macroinvertebrate Monitoring and Habitat Assessment Procedures
- 12:15 – 1:00 Break for Lunch
- 1:00 – 2:15 Macroinvertebrate Identification
- 2:15 – 2:30 Wrap up and open Ask Us Anything