You can download the most current edition of the boating laws handbook, share it with your lake association, and visit the MDNR website for more resources on boating laws. Some lake associations create small laminated handouts to provide to association members and/or renters and boaters that might be visiting your lake or waterway. Other associations also organize on-site boater safety classes, that will likely need to be tabled for another year but is an excellent idea to help keep everyone safe. As we learned in our recent webinar about liability, if you are not following all boating laws at the time of an accident, then your insurance may not cover your liability. Be informed and stay safe!
- Write for The Michigan Riparian magazine
- A Warning about Mosquito Treatments
- More NotMISpecies Webinars coming this fall
- Summer conditions leading to algal blooms in canals and rivers around failed Mid-Michigan dams
- Community scientists throughout the state answered the call for rare turtle observation reports this spring
- 97 parcels of state land available via online auctions