In this free, 3-hour interactive workshop, we will explore effective communication techniques for advancing lake and stream stewardship and conservation. We will look at both external communication (how we talk about water resources and our work with outside audiences) and internal communication (how organizations share and discuss goals and values internally). You will leave with ideas, tools, and inspiration on how to improve communication for your organization. We will be joined by two experts in organizational success for natural resource organizations: Dr. Michael Everett, faculty member in the Department of Community Sustainability at Michigan State University, and Jenn Wright, Executive Director of the Grass River Natural Area in Bellaire, Michigan. Register here.
- Write for The Michigan Riparian magazine
- A Warning about Mosquito Treatments
- More NotMISpecies Webinars coming this fall
- Summer conditions leading to algal blooms in canals and rivers around failed Mid-Michigan dams
- Community scientists throughout the state answered the call for rare turtle observation reports this spring
- 97 parcels of state land available via online auctions